Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

Update 1: Spoke with level 1 support. Ring rolled out a new motion detection engine in recent firmware update. This update automatically pushes to all wired devices. It obvisouly has some issues…

(https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035155972-Ring-Motion-Detection-Engine-Upgrade-Information#Will_this_increase_or_change_the_range_of_motion_detection)

We ended up configuring all 3 motion zones in a brick layout and decreased sensitivity. Support would like to monitor for 24 hrs before escalating. We’ll see what happens…

1 Like

Jennifer, I’m having the same problem. The note on this message says this problem is solved. I can’t find a solution. Can you please point me to it? Thanks.

1 Like

Add me to the list of having this issue. Up to over 100 motion alerts today already and usually get max of 10 per day. Called tech support and they tried to give the useless solutions of turning sensitivity down as well changing the motion detection zones.

I had mentioned the firmware update to them and the LVL 1 tech (although very nice) was super uninformed and wasnt much help. He said he would ask a higher level about pushing an older firmware back to my device but I havent heard anything yet.

** Jennifer please point me in the direction where this issue is solved as well **

1 Like

Just got a new ring app on my phone and it looks like that they update the method of detection

I have the same exact issue. It was working perfectly until Ring made some sort of change. Now, even after adjusting the Motion Settings (did not want to), it still triggers motion on almost everything. It is like “The boy who cried Wolf”. Again, it was working PERFECTLY before Ring changed something. VERY frustrating.

1 Like

Complain on Amazon. They respond pretty fast.

Can u reach out to us too? Same exact issue.

Thx!

Got the people in tech support to push the older firmware back to my ring and its working as it was before this latest update (normal amount of motion notifications and its only picking up what I want it to, not everything). I gave them the details of this thread and asked to have it sent to higher levels to be looked at.

I am assuming they will be either pushing another update in the near future fixing this issue or reverting back to the old one, since that knowingly works.

But the point being, you’re doing their work for them. You stated you programmed 3 separate zones. Well, why should you have to? Why did they break what was not broken? I won’t be doing all that. They can put it back to “working perfectly” or count me out.

1 Like

I have the same issue…suddenly too sensitive…I have adjust motion zones…nothing seems to work!

My device worked fine for an entire year with NO issues…and suddenly there is an issue…nothing in the environment has changed???

Have you heard back from amazon yet?

I’m done. My “Pro” has shut down for the last time. Every couple of weeks I have to reset the power to reboot this thing to get it to start working again. That coupled with the new sensitivity problems has pushed me to order another brand. I can’t wait for it to get here.

I had this problem. It started 5 days ago and drove me crazy.

I updated the RING app on my phone and that FIXED the problem.

Try it.

Update your Ring app on your phone.

That fixed it for me.

Sallie

I updated the Ring app on my phone and that totally fixed the problem.

Sallie

This is not solved. Look how many people are having issues. 18 pages of posts. We want it back to the previous software. I live on a cul de sac at the end. I can’t make my zone smaller. But I shouldn’t be getting notifications from headlights 5 houses down the street pointed at my house!! I don’t want it to people only because I won’t be able to see cars that pull into my driveway or other things that this doorbell was designed to do.

I posted my solution but I don’t know who saw it.

I updated my Ring app and that fixed the problem.

Sallie

Update the Ring app on your phone.

That fixed it for me.

Sallie

I can verify that after updating my Ring Mobile Aplication - it did not reslove the sensitivity issue. It has not made the slightest difference.

Thanks anyway

thank you to everyone that suggested remove and updaate the APP…

…it DID NOT work…less then 5 mins back on and 3 motions of people walking on my sidewalk…again…I did not have this issue two weeks ago, or for the last year.

I am going to try one more thing and that is to remove the APP from ALL cellphones (wife/daughter) and try once again…

I have been in contact with service and asked to supply video of “motion” when there is nothing there…not sure what that is going to solve as nothing has changed in the last two weeks…but I will jump through the hoops

have a great day

r