Ring Pro no auto reconnect?

So far I’m pretty disappointed with the Ring Pro. Every time my router or internet has a service interruption my Ring camera goes down and it won’t reconnect without me manually taking the cover off and holding and hard resetting the device. This is a terrible feature especially if I’m out of town, essentially my $200 doorbell is rendered useless until I get back to unscrew the cover and hard reset it. My router and ring chime are very close to the camera and I have gigabit internet and router. Am I missing something or is this just the poor design of the product?

Hi @KaptnNick. Would you mind reaching out to our support team for this concern? Typically the Doorbell should reconnect after a slight service interruption without needing to be fully reset and set back up in the Ring App. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look and run more diagnostics to see what the problem could be. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Customer service stated this was normal for the camera to disconnect and then need a hard reset, I find that unacceptable. They are sending a replacement unit, I will report back with any new issues