Ring Pro Motion Detection Night Vision and Power level display

I have the motion detection setting to the lowest level yet it sets off the motion detector when a car goes by on the street. Is there a way to reduce it more?

And the night vision doesn’t seem to be working. The view is black, and I’m wondering because the Ring Pro is just recessed behind the brick on the one side of the door if that’s a problem because the infared may be reflecting back in front of the camera?

And as I posted before if I display the device health report, it says the power level is undefined. Why can it not display the power level/

And per my previous post yesterday I turned off the Alexa notification that then enabled the mechanical chime in the house to function. Why can both of these not be set to function?

I look forward to someone from Ring answering my questions. This was a lot of money and there are features that are not working correctly as advertised.

Thanks

Hi @grogers. Would you be able to provide a picture of how your Ring Pro is mounted? This will give the Community a better idea if any adjustments can be made to improve performance. Also, if you could attach a screenshot of the Ring Pros view at night, we’ll be able to determine if the night vision is working as intended. If you are looking for direct support, I would recommend contacting our support team directly. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Tom, please find attached a picture of the mounting of the doorbell and a screenshot from the camera after dark. I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Thanks

Hi @grogers. Thank you for sharing that picture of your Ring Pro. It appears that the infrared light is being projected onto the brick wall, and washing out the image. Theres a few things that you can try. First, try putting some non-reflective tape along the side of the Ring Pro so it won’t be able to create the white “hotspot” on your wall. If this doesn’t work, you can try installing a Corner Mount to angle it slightly away from your wall. I hope this information helps!

Thanks Tom. I’m wondering if a flat black material on the brick would help? The other option might be to mount the unit on a “box” that would effectively move the doorbell camera out to be flush with the edge of the brick.
Although I’d prefer not to draw attention to it though that anyone might look closer to see it’s a video doorbell.

And is there a way to be notified what there is a reply here? As you can tell its been a while since I checked fir any responses. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hey again @grogers. Chiming in again for Tom here for you. :slight_smile:

The idea of putting on a flat black material to the left of the Doorbell is a genius idea, and should help with the reflective IR filter off of the brick right next to this. I recommend that idea over the box idea you mentioned after the fact, as the box behind the Doorbell can bring more attention to it. Let me know if you try either or, and how they work out! In addition, the Corner Mount that Tom had previously mentioned is also a great idea too.

For more help with notifications, click on your profile picture at the top right, and then the person icon out of the four it gives you. Then you will see an option for Preferences. After you click on Preference, select Notifications on the left hand side under Profile and you can customize your notifications further from here!

I’m not having much luck here. I’ve asked RING About a resolution for alert notification through Alexa. No response.

I also have a question about my ring pro and in the last couple of days it has not motion detected or captured video when the paper was delivered early in the morning. But if I step outside it works fine. I have no idea where to begin to try and figure this out but my confidence in the unit has now decreased significantly.