Hey @BP_Ring_Pro. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, I apologize in advance that you have not gotten any response here. I’m happy to help further, but we encourage to be in touch with support first if you have not already. Happy to help out further here though and give you some pointers on why Live View may not be loading for you.
Please note that your Live View can be affected by many different factors, and therefore while multiple people may have a concern with Live View, you could be having this concern for different reasons. Live View is normally affected from a poor wifi connection, reduction in upload speeds (or download, but upload is more common with Live View, and upload is normally much less than download available from your ISP if you do a speed test), low battery on the device, a high RSSI value, interference from the router, or the wifi connection in the home being used elsewhere (kids, family, friends or roommate using the internet or working from home). If you are experiencing more concerns than just Live View, you can try the steps, but it may be best handled with our support team if your device is not functioning as it should. Below I will list out all possible options you can try! I’ve collected this from other neighbors and my own personal experience.
Some neighbors have found relief to this concern by doing the following to their network:
- Switching networks for the device, whether this is from 2.4 Ghz to 5.0 Ghz (if possible for device/network to connect to)
- Switching from connection to a router to a mesh system/Chime Pro/extenders and vice versa
- Rebooting your router, ensuring that all ports and protocols are opened for the Ring devices
- Ensuring you have proper speeds. Lots of neighbors during this time have noticed slower speeds because of the current conditions and changes to at home life
- Disabling any VPNs
Some neighbors have found relief in this concern by doing the following to their Ring device:
- Completely reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds
- Removing the device (after saving any recordings you may need) and then re-setting the device up
- Testing Live View with device next to the router
- Ensuring device is fully charged
- Looking at Device Health and confirming RSSI is in acceptable range
Some neighbors have found relief in this concern by doing the following to their app:
- Disabling VPNs on the phone
- Removing the app, rebooting phone, reinstalling the Ring app
- Trying the Rapid Ring app
- Connecting to the app on wifi or mobile data only (testing whichever connection is not your normal)
- Updating app/OS software on phone
Please note that if you do not feel comfortable enough preforming any of these troubleshooting steps to see if you can get your Live View working again, you can always contact our support team directly. They can take a look into your account and device to determine what is really going on, and what factor may be at play here. Please feel free to come back to this thread and post your solution that you have found for Live View! For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.