Ring Pro goes completely offline after every ring until re-set!!

After everytime my doorbell is pressed the video freezes, and then system goes completely offline until I turn off and then turn back on the switch at my breaker box.

My device health/stats are:

• Voltage always green (3991.0mV)
  • Signal strength always green (RSSI-53)
  • Firmware: 2.1.01005
  • Transformer: 16 volts AC at ~30 VA
  • Requested a Pro Power Cable, but rcvd Pro Power Kit V2 (Pic attached) and installed
  • Using 3-pt Google Wifi Mesh Network
  • Installed Rapid Ring companion app

The most recent and most relative post to my issue that I’ve seen is this one by member Crispy. However, it is not exactly my issue, and has not had any meaningful input from Ring.

I’ve had my Ring Pro for about 3 years. It worked for maybe 1 year. I’ve exhausted all Ring Community suggestions, and no real electrician will touch this junk.

As of right now, this product can only be used as a live video feed for my front door. However, if anyone rings my bell, I can neither see nor have two-way conversation with them. For me this is useless.

ANY help is appreciated.

Got vs Requested.jpg

While this may not help you, I suspect you battery may be dead (Yes the Ring Pro has a tiny battery that Ring conveniently “forgets” to mention). This is to enable it to use traditional chimes. So when you press the button, it completes the circuit to ring a traditional chime and disconnects power from itself, surviging for a few seconds on that tiny battery. You can also test it, if you have a brand new Ring Pro. When you kill power, it will still stay on for a good 10+ seconds.

I’ve read that the battery lats roughly a year and then dies… and it’s not repalceable and you will find it very difficult to get any support for it.

1 Like

@Aelther wrote:

I’ve read that the battery lats roughly a year and then dies… and it’s not repalceable and you will find it very difficult to get any support for it.

This ^^

I’ve read of some brave souls who have actually replaced this battery, and of one REALLY brave soul who replaced it with a “Super Capacitor”. The lifespan of this battery would be, in my opinion, dependant on having a good supply of current for normal circumstances so that all the battery really had to do was keep things alive during the “ding dong” of a mechanical chime (the Power Kit Pro is an important part of this). An undersized power supply will result in this battery discharging excessively (trying to keep the Ring Pro “online”) and then fully recharging when it can. This cycles the battery through deep discharge and recharge cycles and wears it out prematurely. This can also result in a inability to stay powered up during a firmwear update and rsult in a “bricked” doorbell.

1 Like