Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
T
Ring Pro Doorbell not staying connected to the WiFi Network
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
I’m having a problem with the Ring Pro Doorbell staying connected to the WiFi. After I factory reset the Ring Pro, I can connect to the WiFi again. After about 10 minutes, the Ring Pro is offline again. I’ve reset the doorbell multiple times, and this is the same result. Also, I’ve restarted my router, and that had no effect on reconnecting the doorbell. I disconnected the power from the doorbell multiple times, and the results are always the same it’s offline in about ten minutes. The transformer voltage is good, and the last reported signal strength was RSSI-34. The Ring has been connected to our WiFi since December 2019, and there have never been any issues until August 28, 2021. The WiFi issue is only the Ring Doorbell. My other devises connected to the WiFi are not having any problems. Any help would be appreciated.

05-09-2021 08:13:11

Responses (6)

A
I'm having a similar issue too with Doorbell Pro 2. The Doorbell will show "offline," but is still capturing snapshots. If I trigger the Doorbell with motion (walking in front of the Doorbell), it will record video which it uploads, and show that it's online. However, a few minutes later, it goes to being offline. The offline problem has been going on for about day or so. I don't have any issues with the Floodlight Cam Wired Pro.

06-09-2021 01:24:59

S
Yep. Same issue, except it's happening to all of my ring cameras - 1 doorbell, 3 floodlights, and 3 stick ups. Also been running for 3 years. I came support and they said it was the connection and to get a chime pro. I don't think this is right. Didn't have an issue until recently (well, since the last time they updated and the live mode got messed up in March 2020). This just started 4 days ago or so. Diet resetting the router or factory resetting constantly is not a great solution.

07-09-2021 03:40:24

M
Hi there, neighbors! Whenever your device is not remaining connected, or is showing offline, the best first step is to check your wifi signal strength or [RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229). A device that is reporting offline or poor signal strength, and unable to connect to live view, might be too far from the router. Here are some other important things to consider: * Verify if motion events allow live video to connect. * Try out the Rapid Ring app to test live view. * Ensure your internet speeds are sufficient to provide not only Ring devices, but all of your devices with enough network resources. Feel free to confirm if other Ring devices are working as intended, or if a specific Ring device is having this concern. In the meantime, I will certainly pass this feedback along to our teams here for further investigation! :slight_smile:

08-09-2021 03:09:22

S
Marley, we have had these systems for 3 years, with a sudden change in service that was not on our end, your answer really isn't applicable or sufficient.. Many of us were having an issue of the cameras detecting motion, and being able to watch recorded motion, but not the live view. On the web, if you clicked the camera it would say it wasn't connected but you could still view the history of events- it is still on and recording but not allowing access to view live.

08-09-2021 05:47:36

A
If everything is working correctly and there's still a connection issue, reset your router by powering it down for thirty seconds[!](https://www.telldunkin.me)

13-09-2021 01:23:43

M
I’m still having this same issue. I’ve reset and replaced the router, added Wi-Fi mesh to increase Wi-Fi strength, and reset the device several times. Was there ever a real solution to this??

15-02-2022 08:48:27

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User