Ring Pro doorbell losing wifi connection

I have had my ring Pro doorbell for over 2 years and this last week it is constantly losing wifi connection so that I have to reset my router and then reconnect my doorbell. This has not been an issue in the past. It will work for a few hours and then no longer connect live or turn on when there is motion. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

I have had the same issue. Doorbell has lost Wifi connection and wont reconnect to the Wifi.
Can anyone help here?

1 Like

Hey neighbors! What error message are you running into in the app when you try to reconnect your Doorbell to wifi via the Device Health page?

I am honestly not sure where the device health page is. But I have not been getting any specific error messages. When I click to reconnect it tells me to check power and reset my wifi then try to reconnect.

Hi @jmcintyre12! You can find your device health following these steps in the Ring app:

1. While logged in, visit the Ring app dashboard (main page).
  2. Tap the menu (top left) to expand
  3. Select “devices”
  4. Choose your device
  5. You will not be on the device page, and should see options, or tiles, on the lower portion of the page. Select the “Device Health” tile.

There you will see information pertaining to your battery, wifi signal strength (RSSI), and more. :slight_smile:

Thank you

I do all these steps but it still wont connect to the Wifi

Comes up with Error message - Can’t connect to WIFI?

Presss the refresh list tab and still nothing happens

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and it is maddening. WiFi signal strength is fine and no other device (even Ring) loses the connection. Nothing in my system has changed, but I’m getting random drops–usually during the time FedEx is trying to deliver a package.

Note: I have bypassed my doorbell with the Pro Power Kit, so that’s not a solution.

Did this get sorted? I am having this issue.

Looking for help with same problem.
My ring doorbell (Video Doorbell 3 Plus) is consistently losing wifi connection. I run it hardwired with battery. I’ve changed my home transformer to the Ring transformer to ensure I have correct voltage. The wifi signal is strong - the doorbell is the closest and strongest signal to my wifi of all my Ring devices, so it isn’t wifi signal strength.
Its very frustrating to have this happen again and again - I’ve had people come to the door and leave because the doorbell doesn’t ring when offline…

Hi @ToddValle. If your Doorbell is consistently disconnecting from your wifi, try the following steps:

We also have this Help Center page with other steps you can try. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’ve rebooted both multiple times - have tried everything. The router is only 20’ (max) from the ring doorbell, very frustrating. Especially since when the doorbell loses connectivity, it doesn’t ring when pushed!

I have been having this exact same issue for the past week. Here’s what I tried so far:

• Rebooting the Modem
  • Rebooting the doorbell (turning off from the junction box for a bit and back on)
  • Changing the doorbell to a different wifi connection (currently RSSI-60 signal strength - good)
  • Confirmed that the transformer voltage is good (30v) and is reaching the doorbell (app also shows "transformer voltage: good)

Nothing works… The doorbell came back online yesterday for a few minutes when I reset it and reconnected to my modem through setup again, but it went offline since.
I’ve had this ring pro2 for just over 5 years (checked my purchase date of Dec 24, 2017).

Did my product just reach the end of its lifecycle? :pensive:

I am having the same issue. I have to unscrew the front, remove the battery and let it reset at least everybother day. I called ring about this and we wentnthrough the reset/reboot process. Had to re-enter my wifi password and they said they sent it an update. Guaranteed it wouldnt have this problem.anymore but here we are. Still having the issue. My router is right by my door! What can be done? This ridiculous.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.