Ring Pro Doorbell keeps shutting off

I got the Ring Pro and it kept turning off, I thought it might be power so I bought the power cable and hooked it up. It still just shuts off every few days. Then I have to unplug it and plug it back in. What a waste of time and money. I now not only don’t have a front camera, I don’t have a working doorbell every few days.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this, @dzmedic2000! When you mentioned the Doorbell Pro shutting off every night, does it just go offline, or are there no lights or response at all from the Doorbell during this time?

Power is a great variable to check, in which the Pro Power Kit is one of many factors to consider. Hooking this up gives us a great start, as well as knowing that the Doorbell Pro does indeed power back up for a few days. I invite you to check out our Hardwiring Checklist for the Doorbell Pro for a list of suggestions for each power related variable to check.

In addition to power, wifi connection is always good to check. Of course, the Ring app Device Health section for your Doorbell Pro will show you if your wifi signal is sufficient. I also recommend connecting to the 2.4 Ghz wifi network, rather than the 5Ghz, if you are not already. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I am having a very similar issue, the doorbell (which is only on battery power, not connected to mains), keeps shutting itself off after a few minutes.

The only way to get it to power back on is to connect it to the usb charger. I have charged it to 100% and it lasts a little bit longer but it seems as though as soon as it drops by a percentage in power the whole unit shuts off. When plugged back in it automatically reconnects to the wifi without issue which makes me think it is not a wifi issue and more likely to be an issue with the unit itself.

1 Like

Hi @Jseev. For this concern, it would be best to contact our support team and have them take a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m having the same issue as [Jseev]… my Ring Doorbell is battery powered. Is there a solution to this other than waiting in line for a Customer Service call?

I have the same issue and sentiment as dzmedic2000.
May I ask how did you solve the issue please?
Checked everything, reset reconnected. Same issue.
Works for a short while after unplugging and plugging it back in.

Hi @user58580. As mentioned in the solution, reach out to our support team for further assistance with this type of concern.

Had the same problem. Check chime setting. If you are using ring chime, set chime type to none in the ring app under “In home chime” settings. Take the face plate off and press the orange button for 2 seconds. White light will start blinking [you are now in set up mode].Go back into the app and device will be offline. Pres " Reconnect device" device and choose ring chime as wifi choice. This should fix your problem and allow doorbell to sound. Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.