Ring Pro Doorbell Disconnects Audio and Video when Doorbell button is pressed

Ring Pro Doorbell Disconnects Audio and Video when Doorbell button is pressed.

I can see a video of someone reaching out pressing button and video goes black and shows camera as disconnected. So communication is not availabe. If they don’t ring, I can talk to them remotely no problem. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to re-connect, sometimes re-connects right away.

Unit is hardwired.

Wifi Signal RSSI-57

Any ideas?

Hey @Dave99. Do you have the Pro Power Kit installed in your setup? This does regulate the power to the Doorbell, so it’s possible that without this piece, whenever you press the button, the power is either too much or not enough, thus disconnecting the Doorbell Pro.

Its been so long since I installed it, I don’t remember… I really don’t recall installing it. I bought this when the pro first came out, did it come with it?

@Dave99 No worries, I totally understand if it’s been awhile since it was installed. The Pro Power Kit has had a different look over the course of the time the Pro has been available, but there would have always been one included. If you pop open your internal chime kit, you should see it installed there, if you could take a look?

So yes. I have a Ring Power Kit installed. Could that have gone bad? What next?

I have the ProPower Kit and my Ring Doorbell disconnects after the doorbell button is pressed. Today, I didn’t recognize the person at my door, couldn’t communicate with him, and he waited over 10 minutes until I had no choice but to open the door. How can this be fixed? Thank you!

I have the same problem. Over the last few weeks every time my doorbell is pressed my ring goes offline. It sometimes rings inside but there can be a minute before this happens. Power seems fine. Had the unit for 2 years

Thank you for confirming the Pro Power Kit is installed. If this is still happening despite having sufficient power and wifi resources, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.