Ring Pro doorbell died....again

I have had intermittent power issues with my ring since last fall that caused it to die. My eléctrician fixed the problem so I thought, however It is dead again after a month or so. Since he checked out all the other components at the time, I can only assume the unit has gone bad. Has anyone else’s had this problem? Is the electrical function/stability of the Ring Pro unreliable?

I haven’t seen a bunch of reports of Pro doorbells just dying that quick. I’ve only had mine a few months and it’s working fine so far. But, not everyone has it setup the same way. I use their power supply to power my doorbell that’s plugged into my wall. So I’m sure my power supply is exactly what it needs. I’m also covered by the plus plan so if it does go, I’ll get another for no charge as long as I keep my plan.

I am having the same problem with mine, I didn’t have any problem at all for about 6 months then it just quit working. I trimmed back ther wires and reconnected it and that owrked for a couple months then it happened againl I’ve done this 3 times now, lasts up to 2 months then dies. If I have the pro plan will it cover a new device? I believe my wiring may be to old. Possibly the rechargable battery option wold be a better fit?

Hi @dpmartin66! If the Pro is operating just fine for some time, this is a great sign that your power supply is adequate. You mentioned wiring being old, which certainly can effect the flow of power to your Doorbell Pro. Variables such as a lengthy wire run (100 ft plus), old/ corroded wires, or even thin or spliced cat5 wiring can cause resistance in voltage.

If you’ve checked these variables and the Pro is still not powering up as intended, our support team can certainly assist further. If needed, the Protect Plus plan does offer an extended warranty if subscribed prior to initial warranty expiring. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.