Ring Pro disconnects when microphone is accessed

Hello all, for the past month or so, when I would go to Live View and access the microphone, my video feed would freeze. Let me be clear on this…When (in Live View) I access the microphone and speaker, all is fine, but when I speak or even tap on my screen, (any noise) the video feed freezes and disconnects. If I close the app and reopen it, all works fine. I tried EVERYTHING. The doorbell has worked flawlessly for about three years now. Transformer meets requirements, wifi is strong. I’m lost on this one. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey there, @Gldtp78! Thank you for your description of this concern. It certainly is odd to hear this happening. The best first thing to check here is wifi connection, as it sounds like while the video connection freezes, the Ring app is still operational. This could be a sign that wifi signal is able to connect video but introducing additional audio/ video packets thereafter results in communication failure. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. I recommend also checking your network bandwidth and that your Video Doorbell Pro is connected to the 2.4 Ghz wifi network.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Wifi signal very strong. Transformer sufficient. RSSI @ 42. All tests result in video feed disconnect when microphone is accessed.