Ring Pro cracked button

yep - another cracked button here

Now what? Tried the phone. Rep said 35% off a new one. No Thank you!

@HarryK wrote:
Codemonkey I am too sufferering with an out of warranty ring pro cracked button and would like to purchase a replacement button than a whole new unit … can you help please

Hi Look on etsy or thingiverse

You can find me on thingi under sorren4 or search for Ring Pro Replacement Button.

I just got off the phone with Ring Support and they were willing to send me a replacement at no charge. I bought mine originally in 2017! They acknwoledged a known issue and said they were replacing them with the newever version. It was a very smooth phone conversation with a surprisingly helpful representative!

1 Like

Same problem here in the Netherlands.

I will send an email to Ring too…

Seems like they just want to sell me more defective products. They only offered me a 35% discount on a new one. I’ll be cancelling my subscription and looking forward to replacing my Ring that I have only had for 2 years.

Hi all,

Same issue here in Belgium with the cracked button.
Just called to Ring Support and they recognized the issue. My Ring Pro is still under warranty (10 days left till 2 years warranty in EU will expire). They helped me very well. When I was on the phone call, they sent me an email that I had to reply with a photo of my cracked ring button. In 2 days I will get the improved version of Ring Pro by post. The broken Ring Pro, I have to send back within 30 days with the shipment label included. Excellent service here in Europe. Thank you Ring!!!

1 Like

I agree. Have had my Ring Pro doorbell for less than two years and the button has been cracked for months. The doorbell was still working, BUT it seems to be getting worse and the button now stays stuck in the pressed position. This activates the anvil and it it constantly wanting to hit the chime.

Found out that as I subscribe to the cloud storage it increases the warranty to 2-years, bargain. They sent me a complete new unit for free and I posted the old one back.

1 Like

My Ring Doorbell Pro is 3,5 years old. Didn’t expect warranty, so I found a friend to print out the 3D print that was posted here. Just replaced the broken button myself (following the instructions here: https://youtu.be/nwr9A2uHMkk) and I am very happy to see that it worked very well. Even an improvement as the new button is hard wheather proof plastic in stead of the factory soft plastic.

Concerning the inside of the doorbell Pro I only can say that Ring did a good job for the case of the doorbell. It was very clean, even after 3,5 years in sun and rain.

So I was just told that I need to purchase a new $350 dollar doorbell. She did offer a 35% discount. So sad that they won’t stand behind this.

you can get a replacement button for cheap on Etsy

This seems unacceptable that a replacement button isn’t being freely supplied as It is relatively easy to replace the button.

I ended up having to source a replacement button from someone on eBay in the UK which was 3D printed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143740912160

This was not cheap for a little plastic button (£13 with postage) but is a lot better than the original and took around 5 minutes to fit. Photo attached.

Good grief, there are some people making a small fortune on ebay with these. They’re so cheap to have printed… market opportunism I suppose!

Ridiculous that this secondary market even needs to exist. Ring continue to ignore this issue.

Most of the printed buttons you’re seeing on Ebay or Etsy are either my design or probably one other person (more rounded button top). The ebay listings did not have my permission to use my design but it’s not worth seeking legal action against them since I don’t make any money from them. I was printing them and offering them to those that needed them for a donation to cover my costs, printer time and shipping but now that they seem to have their own secondary market I guess those folks are profiting from them. As long as the community is getting what they need where Ring is falling flat, that’s what’s important to me. I created the design out of necessity and shared it to help others. So it sounds like it’s at least doing that. Best of luck folks, I’ll likely be moving to another platform in our new home we’re building. Likely it will be the new Wyze line of products, including their doorbell, cameras, intelligent sprinkler controller, thermostat, etc.

Hat tip to you @codemonkey, you’ve been a massive help!

Pop back and tell us how you’re getting on with Wyze in due course

@CableGuy10 wrote:

This seems unacceptable that a replacement button isn’t being freely supplied as It is relatively easy to replace the button.

I ended up having to source a replacement button from someone on eBay in the UK which was 3D printed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143740912160

This was not cheap for a little plastic button (£13 with postage) but is a lot better than the original and took around 5 minutes to fit. Photo attached.

yeah I wouldn’t promote the sellers on ebay especially in UK as they have all downloaded a file and printed it using PLA plastic - which warps in the sun, and that 3d file was not supposed to be printed and sold for profit, as made by codemonkey.

There is a lady on etsy - who is actually UK based, and making brilliant alternate designs to the original, and in very nice colours too.

Just search for ring doorbell pro replacement button. That is where I got mine and couldn’t be happier.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue with a 2 year old Ring Pro doorbell and just called Ring support and they are replacing it free of charge. They didn’t ask anything about when I purchased it or the warranty, I just had to send a picture of the issue, overall I’ve had a good experience so far.

Are you covered under the Ring Protect plan? If yes then I would not expect a charge for replacement (perhaps conditioned on whether the Ring Pro was purchased within the coverage period and not before it, a condition that I think is ridiculous)