Ring Pro Causes Chime Buzzing When Cold

Had the Ring Pro since August. Initially I had an issue with similar buzzing. Replaced the mechanical door chime with an approved model which wasn’t it. Then replaced the transformer with a 16V/30VA transformer and that fixed the issue. Now the buzzing is back when it drops below 20. Voltage is good everywhere and I double checked the connections to the Ring and that’s good. What else can I check?

Hi @DaveZ. I would check to make sure that you’ve properly installed the Pro Power Kit. If improperly installed, this could cause a buzzing sound. This Help Center article here demonstrates the proper installation. If your Pro Power Kit is properly installed but this is still a concern, reach out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Anyone fix this issue, I seem to be having the same issues when it gets very cold outside and windy. I put in a new battery pack and a new doorbell but it started again when the temperatures dropped in this last storm. I love the ring but now I am think I need to dump it if this continues to happen … any other fixes ?

I’m having the same issue. Happens when it gets cold especially at night. Claims my voltage goes down to 9v which seems odd that the voltage would just dip bc it is cold.