Ring Pro - buzzing audio on outdoor unit

Hi. I’m new owner of RIng Pro and I noticed big issue with outdoor unit audio.

When you answer a doorbell call and speak to visitor (I tried 2 different Android phones and Echo show) audio on outdoor unit is disasters. It’s “buzzy, crackling” like on 50 y old FM radio speaker …

I read many posts with similar problems, but I didn’t find any ideas what to do. I’ve already restarted device, doorbell is on 5GHz WIFI with execelent signal. Video is ok, connection between doorbell and phone is established immediately, notifications works great … Also audio on live view from phone/PC/Echo Show is ok, no cracling sound or whatever.

So I’m sure there is a problem with speaker on outside unit …

Any suggestions?

Hey there, @akulp! Have you tried switching over to your 2.4Ghz network or rebooting your router? Sometimes this can help refresh the way the audio is transmitted and fix the crackling sound, and also stretch a longer range when on 2.4.

If the audio quality for your Ring Video Doorbell Pro is choppy from the outside unit still, it may be a good idea to reach out to our support team at 1-800-656-1918. They can take a deeper look into why this is happening for you so you can have the Pro fixed up and sounding crystal clear!

@Chelsea_Ring thank you for your reply.

Yes I moved Ring to 2.4 Ghz, rebooted router, restarted and installed Ring again but nothing helps …

I know this thread is a few months old, but I think i am having the same issue

Video works fine

I can hear the outside just fine

But when i try to talk to the person outside the speaker in the ring itself starts making an awful buzzing sound, kind of like sound you here for a wrong answer on the old tv game shows

Did you find a solution?

Hi.

My problem was solved when I bought new Mesh WIFI and now I’m using separate WIFI with AP 2 meters from Ring. So signal is about 99%. :slight_smile:

Yes stupid, that you have to have not perfect (before was about 75%-85% signal -> -40dbM) but excellent signal to get device usable.

further testing and it works properly on a different android phone, but not on my oneplus 7.

1 Like