Ring Pro Button Sticking Shorting Out

I have a Ring Pro Wired door bell/cam…its 2 years old…the past 4 months it has stopped working just about every 1-2 weeks…no power…nothing…I have to reset everytime…support has been useless outside of asking me to reset…I found the problem to be that when someones rings the bell if they don’t hit it exactly in the middle and push the button on the side…it sticks for a bit and this is causing it to short out…they won’t tell me any fix…I have 3 other cameras and outside lighting…I’m not happy…anyone with similar experience or a fix?? I do not want to invest another $200 for the same thing to happen…in general I find the connectivity of all products to my wifi spotty and I have great wifi and good coverage…in general not happy and will probably not buy further ring products.

5 Likes

Mine isn’t shorting out, but it causes my doorbell (the one hardwired) to keep ringing until I tap the ring doorbell button.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my ring doorbell The button on my ring doorbell 2 is sticking

Did you get a fix.

Apparently ring will not chat about this.

Poor service

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. My Pro is about 4 years old, I think there’s some dirt in the button and the spring has gotten less springy.

Sorry hear about this, neighbors! The button should certainly not be sticking or getting stuck in a position that constantly rings the Doorbell. The best first step will be to clean around the button and inspect for any debris or visible obstructions that might be causing this. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can assist further. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

2 Likes

Spray some electrical contact cleaner in side around the button.

That didn’t work. Any more ideas? My Ring is less than 3 months old. I’ve had to change out the doorbell chime transformer (16V) because Ring switch stuck and eventually burned it up. I have 2 ring doorbell cameras and having this problem with both. It will send an image when motioned but, if someone pushes the button it won’t let go from the inside chime and transformer. What a piece of crap.

Ditto mine is about two to three years old at least and I have that same issue that I imagine is what is causing it to go offline all the time. Christmas a lot of packages and ringing …so I notice it ore that it goes offline. I then need to pull both power leads off the back. Wait ten seconds and reconnect the wires again. It reboots and connects. Just hugely a pain in the ***
How did you fix your issue?

I started having this problem about a year ago, too. In the process of frequently pulling the doorbell off to disconnect the wires for a reset, I stripped the screws. So I decided to add a toggle switch to the wire so I wouldn’t have to unscrew it every time (it happened nearly every time the doorbell was pressed). At one point, the doorbell was only partially screwed in for about a week… and it never stuck once. I’ve since mounted it a bit more loosely and it doesn’t stick any more. I’m not sure if this is a fix, but worth a shot if you’re still having the problem: loosen the screws a couple turns and see if it stops sticking.

I have the same problem used Electrician to tell me button was sticking. Had to change transformer plus service call. Can someone tell me what if any is there a resolution? I dont wish to buy a new one.

Ive done exactly the same with cost of electrician and now two transformers. Has Ring/Amazon done anything to remedy this for anyone. I really like my cameras and i do not wish to use two applications to addres a different manufacturer doorbell.

BTW there is no cleaning that solves this so far and button is stiff. Please give us a fix or replacement option.

Hi @SPY17. If your button is jammed and cleaning it or lightly tapping it doesn’t resolve your concern, you’ll need to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.