Ring Pro, built in home chimes hum

I have two chimes and when I connected my ring battery pack, whichever chime does not have the capacitor, makes a horrible humming noise. My system is wired as they expected, I got through support about 3 times but they keep making me do the same steps over and over. We all know this happens with a bad battery pack, can you just replace it?

My house was built in 2012 and the transformer is what Ring Requires. I’ve even sent a photo in.

Also I likely need to replace my Water Sensor but it’s impossible to get support.

Hi @Randomhero. I would ensure that your Ring Pro is hardwired as show in the diagram on this Help Center article here. Let me know if this is helpful!

1 Like

Yes mine would be, single button, two chime system and I went over very variation including the one listed.

For me it’s the doorbell → downstairs chime → upstairs chime → power.

There’s a chance the downstairs and upstairs are wired together in a hidden receptacle box. I believe that box could potentially be buried and code.

Any other help on this?

Hi @Randomhero. If you are still have issues with this after viewing the wiring diagrams I’ve shared, I suggest reaching out to our support team. Since you’ve already contacted them about this concern, you can go ahead and ask to speak to our level 2 support team to deep dive on this issue. Without being able to see how this is wired up, it’s difficult to diagnose and accurately provide the nest best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks, I’ve tried support a couple times and getting to level 2. They always have me run through a standard reinstall and ask me to wait for it to resolve, a bit frustrating I keep getting this everywhere.