Ring pro bell not acctivating chime, but motion does

My Ring doorbell pro does not set off ring chime unit. The motion detection does and alerts. Bell sounds outside on wall unit, but not on chime. I can see video, but am having trouble talking to people or hearing. It was working at one point but stopped.

Hi @mheisen! Motion alerts sounding from the Chime is a great sign that it is connected and linked with your Doorbell. I recommend checking the linked Chime setting from the Doorbell page in your Ring app to ensure it is linked for both ring and motion alerts. Please also check the Chime specific settings in the Ring app, including setting a tone via the Chime alert settings.

If you are still not receiving ring event sounds through your Chime, double check the event history to see if a motion event might be occurring before each ring attempt, as the motion alert might be happening before the ring can. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Have done all that with no results. I can set off the door ring chime from my app, just not from the doorbell. There is a motion event before each event as someone walks up to the door. The “bell” does sound outside at the pro, and the blue light revolves to show the button has been pressed, just no sound from the ring chime. I have stood quietly in front of the pro and then pressed the button, still nothing from the ring chime.

Thank you for trying those steps! They should have certainly resulted in the functionality you are looking for. At this time, it looks like you’ve covered all the steps we can think to recommend in the Community. This may require a closer look from our support team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.