Ring Pro battery dead?

My old Ring Pro which I had for a long time was recently replaced by Ring due to the button had cracked.

The new Ring Pro worked fine for a day and a half but then stopped. I tried everything I could find online to solve the problem. Held the reset button down for 30 seconds, turned off the mains power for 24 hours, let it sit with the power for 24 hours but it just remains with the whole circle light cycling through 4 levels of brightness then dimming again.

Online the problem seems to be a dead battery inside the Ring Pro and the only other method to fix it is to use the usb slot and charge it via that but I can’t do that as it invalidates the warranty.

Does anyone know any way to fix the doorbell so that it will get past the cycling lights and enter setup mode or is it time to ask support for another replacement?

Hi @Jughead. It sounds like you know your way around the Ring Pro and have already done some troubleshooting on your own. With the steps you have taken, if you are not getting your Ring Pro to come out of the idle state, then you may need to contact support to see what they can do to assist you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how they were able to help!

1 Like

Thank you for replying.

I did ring support but they were terrible and I had to put the phone down after 30 minutes. I did use live chat before when I needed the Ring Pro replaced last month and that was great but I can’t find the link to that anymore.

Is live chat still available and if so do you have a link?

Really annoying not having the doorbell working as I am on the explorer program and can’t do my homework.

Hi @Jughead. At this time, our chat support is not available for technical support. The only method for support is through the above listed links. Thank you for your patience as we work through COVID-19.