Ring pro 2 stopped getting power

I installed my ring pro two around 5 pm powered up fine everything installed fine, no issues. I went to check it in the app at 8 pm and it was offline. I discovered the device was not getting power. I checked the breaker and gfci and nothing was tripped. The door bell wires are not getting power.
Is it possible the ring shorted the doorbell? I did not have the pro power pack hooked up.

Are you using the power supply that comes bundled with the unit or an existing power supply?

Existing power supply, didn’t hook up up the power pack cuz I’m dumb. The more I’m reading the more I think I shorted out the transformer (which isn’t rated to handle the power load it seems)

Hi @user36098. As @user36095 mentioned, it is important to install the Pro Power Kit when installing a Doorbell Pro or Pro 2 as it ensures the Doorbell receives sufficient power. Check the wiring and transformer for any damage first, then make sure to install the Pro Power Kit. If your Doorbell does not respond after installing it, you can reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Should it still be unresponsive, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.