Ring pro 2 questions

I have just installed the ring doorbell pro 2, this is my first ring product and I have some questions. I would be grateful for any assistance:

1. The frame rate is advertised as being 24 frames per second. Why then when I check the footage is it compressed to 20fps? I have an excellent WiFi signal, the rssi is never more then 45. It is usually between 39 and 45. I have an excellent quality broadband connection with 20mbps upload.

2. Both in live view and the actual recorded events why is video, choppy and missing frames? I do not have any packet loss on my network at all so have ruled that out as being the cause of the issue. The latency of my connection is always around 15ms

3. When I check the health of my device it says the power level is unknown. I am in the UK and have hard wired this using the ring transformer. A multi meter on the end of the connection reads a steady 24v. The transformer voltage shows as good 24v.

4. The dim led light which is not visible in the daytime. This seems to be effecting everyone is there an update on this?

These slight niggles in my opinion are not acceptable for a product that costs over £200. For the price this product should for the most part be flawless without any issues at all

I had a nest hello and never experienced these kind of issues. However with it being 4 years old the picture quality was not up to the mark, sadly google don’t appear to be releasing a newer version which is why I went for ring

I appreciate any help at all

Hi @badayuni92. For this concern, I suggest contacting our support team. With the Ring Community being a neighbor to neighbor support forum, these questions can be best answered by a support agent who can review some diagnostic data and provide a sufficient answer. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@badayuni92 Try turning off HDR and colour night vision. See if that helps with the framerate. I would recommend colour night vision to be off anyway.

Is it the plug in transformer or is it the din rail style? I am using the din rail style and my Pro 2 reports voltage good and when I tap it it shows 24v.

The dim LED issue does indeed impact all Pro 2’s. Its either a firmware fix or a hardware issue. More likely to be hardware at this point so I would hold off till we know its fixed then make a warranty claim.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response

I find the quality to be poor with hdr turned off which is why I have left it on. I shall try with it turned off

Do you experience any missing frames in recorded events? Any suggestions for how to resolve this?

Yes it’s wired to a din rail transformer