Ring pro 2 Blurry image

Really bad picture quality constant
This is my second device from ring same issue really bad picture quality purchased chime pro didn’t work purchased wireless extender still bad quality picture the RSSL -26 on it my old ring doorbell 2 1080p what is superior picture to this

1 Like

Hi @Al40uk. Would you mind sharing a photo or video example of this poor image quality that you’re seeing? I’d be happy to take a look and see what helpful suggestions I can provide once I have an idea of what you’re seeing on your end. When attaching this video, you will need first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. :slight_smile:

This is my video quality it like the electrical Cable plug interference with the WiFi

@Al40uk Thanks for sharing that. Have you tested the Live View with someone at the door? Are there any audio concerns when using the two-way audio, or is it only the video that appears to have a lower quality? I would also ensure that you wipe the lens on the Doorbell clear of any dirt or debris as well.

You can find some general troubleshooting tips and tricks for video quality concerns in our Help Center Article here. If you’re getting heavy pixellation, this is usually due to slow wifi speeds Be sure that you’ve turned off your cellular data on your mobile device and are connected to the same wifi as your Ring device.

Do a wifi speed test:

• Open your Ring App on your Smart phone or tablet.
  • Tap the three lines on the top left of the Dashboard .
  • Tap Devices.
  • Select your device.
  • Tap Device Health .
  • Under Tools tap on Test Your Wifi.
  • Tap Start to run a test that will measure your upload and download speed.
    • Both upload and download speeds should be 1 Mbps or greater, although anything above 2 Mbps is ideal.
    • Check the numbers on your wifi speed test. If either your upload or download speed are below 1 Mbps then you might consider replacing your router (especially if it’s older than five years) or contacting your internet service provider to find out what they can do about providing faster internet service.

This is my Internet speed why is it still has interference on my doorbell … wi-Fi extender is on the wall behind the doorbell it still seems bad my rssl 33 wiping it with a cloth it’s not very helpful this is my Second brand-new ring doorbell it is powered by a plug adapter generation 2 my ring spotlight cam is Crystal clear

@Al40uk How many Ring devices do you have connected to your network? It’s recommended to have at least 2Mbps download and 2Mbps upload speeds for each Ring Doorbell or Security Camera, as it utilizes both download and upload speeds. If you have several devices using the upload speed, which is typically more limited on various internet service providers, this could cause some performance or quality concerns on some devices but not others.

I have three devices I have removed two of them and it’s still blurry when you unscrew it from the casing it comes crystal clear so it is something with the power cable wires affecting the Wi-Fi … at the moment all you are doing is reading the help section back to me .I most probably will have to ring customer services Again. because I am getting no progress speaking on here

1 Like

@Al40uk The Ring Community is meant to serve as a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, and we’re here to offer helpful suggestions and guidance as well as share the resources we have available on our Help Center. However, some issues and concerns may still require you to reach out to our support team if it needs more in-depth and account specific troubleshooting, as we do not have access to any of that information for your privacy. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and they can assist with further troubleshooting on this matter. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back here on what solution our support team provides, or what information they share, as it may help other neighbors as well. :slight_smile: