Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
C
Ring power transformer not putting out power
hardwired-security-cameras
hardwired-video-doorbell
installation
troubleshooting
I am trying to replace my battery powered ring camera with a ring pro 2 hard-wired camera. My first issue is my doorbell is an intercom system and therefore I don’t have a doorbell transformer. I brought 120v to the transformer from a nearby switch in a way that assures uninterrupted power. I measured voltage at the transformer and I have 120v there but when I hook it up, there’s no voltage on the terminals on the back. Ring tech support thinks it’s the transformer, but this is the second one with the same issue. Does any know of a reason why I can’t get power out of the transformer with known 120v going in?

07-11-2023 12:09:03

Responses (1)

C
Hi @Captmack. I'd suggest consulting a qualified electrician to ensure your transformer is properly hooked up to the wiring in your house. The Ring Doorbell Pro 2 requires a transformer that provides 16-24 VAC, 10-40VA max, 50/60Hz.

09-11-2023 06:00:17

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User