Ring Power Supply

Bought a RING brand power supply to attach to my Doorbell Pro (no wired home doorbell). All worked well for abuot 3 hours initially, then lost doorbell (Disconnected). When I looked at diagnosis, it turned out power was off. So I fiddled with the power brick, replugged it in and the doorbell started charing again (blue ring) after about 20 minutes it was charged and worked again… for about 3 hours. Then disconnect (no power) again. So I moved the power supply to the other plug in the outlet and it charged again - only to work for 2-3 hours.

I thought perhaps the power brick being so heavy it was pulling out on it’s own, so I tired holding it in place by putting an outlet cover on the outlet - same result. It worked for 2-3 hours.

SO I tried runnign the power from a completely different outlet via an extension cord. Ditto. Charged and worked for a few hours, then disconnect/no power. After trying a 3rd home outlet to ensure it wasn’t the outlet or house power supply - I had the same result - charged then quit after a couple hours, but here on my 6th attempt at a different test, nothing is working at all and I’m noticing that the RING transformer isn’t even getting mildly warm, whereas when it did work, it would generate some heat. (Nothing excessive, but you could tell it was working - both by the heat it generated and the result of working RING doorbell.

Is this a faulty RING POWER kit, or a probelm with the non V2 power supply?

Hey @WarOrk. It sounds like it may be the Plug-In Adapter that is not preforming the way that it should be! Thank you for detailing the tests you have done to verify this, but at this point, it would be best to reach out to our support team to verify what the concern here is, whether this is with the Doorbell or the Adapter. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: