Ring power adapter on base station making a buzzing noise

I have noticed that my base station UK plug is making a buzzing noise. How do I stop this? Is it faulty? Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Hi there, @JamesE! Your Base Station power supply should not be making any noise. I recommend having our support team take a closer look at this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Yes I was installing the base station and the plug is also buzzing. Also some slight white noise on the base station speaker but I presume this to be normal given it’s a siren also? The white noise is minimal so I can deal with that, but the buzzing plug doesn’t sound normal to me. I will call Ring tomorrow to hopefully get a replacement sent, as I can’t really install or mount the rest of the alarm system until that is sorted!

Called Ring support today, after telling them of the problem, they put me on hold a couple of times and asked me to photo the base station and plug, they said they would send me a replacement power cable/plug - so it appears they are aware of the fault or at least accepting what we say. Fingers crossed this next one works!

Hi @mdwizz. I’m glad to hear that our support team was able to assist you with this!