Ring power adapter not connecting

I recently purchased a Stick Up Cam Plug-In and I’m having issues with the outdoor power cable adapter. The instructions state that this outdoor adapter is supposed to click into the power cable, like the indoor faceplate plug, but they aren’t connecting.

Looking at the outdoor and indoor faceplates, the connections seem to be different where the indoor connection (on the left) has a cutout for the power cable connection and the outdoor connection (in the middle) doesn’t.

My guess is that this is the reason for the outdoor adapter not connecting properly to the power cable.

Is this how the connections should be manufactured or am I missing something?

Hi @user11602. Thank you for sharing a photo of this, I’ll ensure this feedback gets passed onto the appropriate team. Where did you purchase the Stick Up Cam from? I’d like to let my teams know where the device was purchased, but I’d also recommend working with the retailer you purchased it from to make sure you get the correct adapter.

I purchased the camera via Amazon.

Hi @user11602. This YouTube video here has an example of how these connect together. Let me know if this is the case with the cables you have.

I have the same issues as OP, the outdoor cable adapter doesn’t fit into the transformer part. The indoor plug has a notch but the outdoor one (orange) doesn’t, and that blocks the adapter going into the transformer. Purchased from Amazon July 12, 2022.

Hi @user17299. Thanks for sharing this picture. Just to make sure I have a full understanding of whats going on here, these parts pictured are brand new out of the box and are incompatible each other? Or, are you trying the combine your existing cable with the Outdoor Cable adapter? Also, can you take a picture of the inside of the transformer? This will allow me to show both pictures to my team so we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks, neighbor!

Has anyone figured this out? I am having the same problem. It’s like it’s physically impossible for the two to connect… I returned the first camera and got the replacement today and the exact thing is happening. Both purchased from Amazon…

Hey neighbors. I’ve shared this with my team and it looks like a mismatched part got mixed in there. Go ahead and contact our support team and one of our agents will be able to take care of this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. We’re sorry about this confusion but rest assured, our team will make this right for you.

I just bought two ring spotlight plus cameras, and both have the exact same issue as pictured. Am i missing something? Is it mismatched parts?

Hi @user74165. Please contact our support team regarding any missing or mismatched parts. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.