Ring Plus 3 fails to connect after replacing the battery

I purchased a new battery for my Ring plus 3. I fully charged it and swapped it out today. Now it doesn’t work. The unit itself seems to have power but it doesn’t register on any of my devices. Even if I push the ring button nothing happens. If I try to go live view it will not show and doesn’t register any motion alerts. It just stopped functioning.

I’ve had R3 doorbell since Oct 20 and purchased spare battery.
The issue i’m having is the doorbell never works after swapping batteries. The spare is always charged.
In the app it still shows the low charge of the previous battery and live view is not available…
Around 24hr later it starts to work…
This is really cheesing me off now - any idea pls?
I’m thinking of returning it to costco…

thanks

Hi there, neighbors! After charging the battery for several hours, it should be fully charged and operating your Ring device. Please ensure there is not debris in the battery hatch, and press the buttons on your Video Doorbell to see if light indicators will follow. If there is no response for your Video Doorbell, please attempt a reset by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, you will need to reconnect or setup you Doorbell in the Ring app. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I cannot be doing this every time i change the battery…the bell rings externally but not on any devices on the app…

Hi there, @such01! Functionality should resume immediately after inserting a charged battery and allowing the Doorbell to reconnect. If your concern is with the battery level updating in the Device Health section of your Ring app, this should happen automatically after some time, or by triggering a motion event.

I have the same issue. I replace the ring 3 pro battery and it doesn’t restart. The light flashes briefly once and then nothing. Pushing reset sometimes works sometimes not. I haven’t quite worked out what does cause it to work again. It seems to just start working after 30 mins. It’s almost like it needs to reset and then replacing the battery again works. Of course it needs setting up from scratch again…

Hi neighbors! If your Doorbell is consistently requiring a full reset and new setup after charging the battery, would you mind reaching out to your support team? You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look at what may be going on. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: