Ring Outdoor Spotlight Battery Cameras Just Stop Powering On!

I just had three of my Ring Outdoor Spotlight Battery Cameras just stop powering up. I tried new batteries, all reset procedures and even tried calling Ring. They went through all the trouble shooting with me and nothing worked. These cameras cost allot of money as I have six outdoor cameras and ten indoor cameras. The Ring representative said that I had to buy new cameras and the best that they could do, is give me a measly 35% off. That still costs hundreds of dollars. These cameras are only a couple years old. For what I have invested in Ring, they should last ALLOT longer than a couple years. This is ridiculous. I am so disgusted!

Reaching out to our support team was the best step to take. They will always have some solution to offer neighbors. When it comes to coverage, check out our Warranty page at Ring.com for details.

You can also extend your Warranty coverage when subscribing to a Ring Protect Plus and Pro Plans, however, it would have to be subscribed without lapsing while your original warranty is in place.

For any other neighbors with a similar concern, feel free to reach out to our support team for troubleshooting and assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.