Ring Outdoor Siren

How is it possible that a company that specializes in alarm systems, doesn’t have a product that is central to the effectiveness of alarm systems; a loud outdoor siren? It seems like pretty low-hanging fruit to develop such a product so I’m wondering why Ring has chosen not to do so.

I live in the the Catskills (upstate NY) and my neighbors aren’t close enough that they would hear the internal siren. While I appreciate every other aspect of the ring system, I’m considering moving to another brand that has outdoor sirens.

They have, and it was briefly for sale in the USA, but now only available in Europe due to a patent problem with ADT in the USA apparently. Seems Ring are in no hurry to deal with the problem, which shows Ring’s “can’t be bothered” attitude towards their products now, it’s just all about profit.

Don’t be tempted to buy one from Europe and import it, they don’t work in the USA as Ring locked the regions, my guess is they paid a lot of money to Z-Wave to let them close what should be an open system by default.