Ring Offline but get notifications

Hello,
I have big problems with my Ring Doorbell and Ring Stick up cam.
In the App, doesn’t matter if IOS or Android, both cameras are shown offline. But I get notifications or when the doorbell is pressed. In this way it works fine but they are shown offline and I can’t start a livestream.
RSSI is at 43 so this couldn’t be the problem. When I restart my AccessPoints the are online again. But sometimes after some minutes or hours they are offline again. I changed the WiFi channel, didn’t help.

Could you help?

Thanks in advance

Hi @NebuNC2. Does your WiFi network automatically interlink 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks? If possible, try connecting to a dedicated 2.4GHz network. If that isn’ the cure for this concern, I suggest reaching out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Check for similar threads regarding this issue. I had it last week among others with no real solution provided. It happened for about two days and with no changes, it all of a suddent was online consistently. I have the Pro 2 model and both my wifi and power were fine at the time it was offline but still receiving notificatons and uploading the motion video. I have a strong suspicion it was a firmware update but since the app doesnt provide a firmware version or date, that is speculation at this point. Just leave it be and see if it doesnt come back on its own in the next few days.

My SSID for the Ring devices only has 2,4 GHz.

I think also that this is a firmware issue.

Is there something planned to fix this?

Hi @NebuNC2. I suggest reaching out to our support team so they can take a deeper look into this. I would take note of the date and time when your Ring Doorbell is “offline” but still giving notifications, so our support team can look at those specific instances.

1 Like

Hello Tom ,

I called the Support Team. The German speaking employee said: Oh that’s crazy, your ring devices show offline but you get notifications? So he spoke to another employee and redirected me to Robert from the technical support team. ( he said the same that this is wiered…
We resetted the devices and he installed an different or newer firmware. But two hours later I had the same issues.
So he escalated my issue.
But until now I don’t got a reply. Devices show offline most time of the day but I get the notifications.
I also tried a chime pro but this didn’t help.

Hi @NebuNC2. It may take some time to hear back from our support team if they had escalated the concern. However, we won’t be able to see any information on your support request so I would recommend following up with our support team to check on the status or for any further questions or concerns on this . :slight_smile: