Ring Notifications SwitchSwitche

I have multiple cameras and doorbells. The notifications for one are going to a different camera so that I am not being correctly notified with video. Also while I have clearly ensured that apps are NOT linked, I receive linked videos that do not show the person referenced at the front door. Finally, the video of people at my front door is truncated. Ring captures the person for 3 seconds though I have video set for 120 seconds. I have tried calling Ring, but no one seems qualified or informed about the product enough to help. I have experienced at least 2 break-ins while using Ring.

Hi @user25480. I’m sorry to hear that your Ring devices aren’t working the way you’d like them to so far. I’d be happy to offer some guidance and help with the different settings available to find something that may work better for you.

When you say that the notifications for one device are going to a different Camera, can you please provide some clarification on this? Notifications don’t go to a Camera or Doorbell, they go to a mobile phone or tablet depending on your Ring app and phone settings. If you find that you’re not receiving Ring notifications on your phone or tablet, please review our troubleshooting steps here.

As for the Linked Devices feature, you can always link and unlink your Ring Doorbells and Cameras from each other at any time. When you access the Linked Devices settings for a Doorbell, you can choose how your other Ring devices will behave when someone rings the Doorbell or it detects motion. These settings can be changed for each Doorbell or Camera you have.

To link or unlink one Ring device to another, follow these instructions in the Ring app:

• Tap the three-lined icon in the upper-left hand side of the screen to open the side menu.
  • Tap Devices.
  • Tap your Ring Camera or Doorbell that you want to adjust the settings for.
  • Tap Linked Devices.
  • Adjust the settings as needed.

For the Video Recording Length, this time is adjustable and allows you to choose up to how long your Ring Doorbell or Camera will record when motion is detected. If the motion ends before that time is reached, the video will end when Advanced Motion Detection is on. If you feel that the video is ending while the motion is still happening or it appears to be cutting off for a different reason, please share a video example. When attaching this video, you will need to gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring app and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post.