Ring notification

I received this email last night and wonder if anyone else has every had this issue

We’ve recently blocked an attempt to set up your Ring device named “Front garage” which is currently linked to your Ring account. If you didn’t give your device to someone, no further action is needed.

Hey @AlisaC123. Whenever someone scans the QR code or MAC ID for your device to try to set it up but it’s already set up, you will get an email like this letting you know a set up is prevented. Please ensure nobody else in the home is trying to set the device up on their account and ensure you did not give out the wrong card that has the QR code on it that came with the box! If you have any further concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you for your quick response.
I have asked everyone in my house if they tried to setup the front camera, since I didn’t give out the code and the camera is setup in a location you can’t reach without a ladder… I was worried someone was trying to hack the system.

1 Like