Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
U
User Solution
Closed
RING Notification sounds stuck on default
trending
tones-and-alerts
battery-video-doorbell
wireless-security-cameras

Hello - I have two RING devices a Video Doorbell 4 and Floodlight Cam Wired Pro. Up to recently I was able to change the notification sound from the default ‘wind chimes’ to one from the list provided. However over the last week something has changed, a software update maybe? Now both devices only make the windchime sound despite other sounds being selected. I can’t change the default notification sound for either device….

I’m on 17.3.1 iOS and the latest App version. I have deleted the App and reinstalled it, when it reinstalls it shows windchimes as the notification sound, it allows me to change it but the sound does not change.

This was working perfectly and has changed over the last few days, very frustrating as I now get double windchimes notifications which is bad…

Any idea what this could be?

16-02-2024 03:52:46

Responses (3)

C
User Solution

Hi @user77345. Can you share which version of the Ring app you have? You can locate the app version by tapping the menu icon in the top left, and scrolling to the bottom. Try selecting the Wind Chimes tone, letting it save, and then selecting a different tone to see if that successfully changes it. One other step to try is to force close the Ring app and reboot your phone, then try to change the tone. If neither of these suggestions work, please follow up with our support team for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

16-02-2024 07:52:23

U

Hello there - okay firstly the problem has been solved… I wasn’t on the latest version of iOS as I had assumed, so either something in the software updating process or something else has managed to make everything work properly again… I’m not sure why that would be the case however as it had been working then wasn’t working all of a sudden… on both iPad and iPhone… anyway iOS 17.3.1 and latest version of Ring App 5.69 … not sure when that was released pretty recently within the last week… anyway all seems to be as it’s meant to be right now…

16-02-2024 10:05:50

U

My ring app has just updated today and all day my ring devices are defaulted wind chimes notifications even thought they are sent to navi
I’ve selected/deselected/reselected (every combination), but still the wind chimes goes with notifications.
This is so frustrating as also since last update the disable/mute notification was easily selected on main display with preselected hours, but now have to go in further button pressing and select from a list!!:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

14-03-2024 07:58:49

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

13-04-2024 07:59:43

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User