Ring not sending notfiactions!

I know I am not the first person to raise this issue!! Why does the Ring Doorbell 3 not always notify me when there is motion or even if someone rings the bell!!! This really does defect the whole object of the device!!!

My wife and myself have both the same smart phones, I am the account holder and she is the guest but she will always get notifications but as for me hit a vey mucah a hit or miss if I get notifications if any!!!

I have tried all the solutions that have been posted for example clearing the data from the app, reinstalling the app, reseting the phone, turnning notifications off then on and the restarting the phone. All have the same result, very sparadic alerts if any!!!

So this might have to be return as the product as it is not fit for purpous unsless there is a soultion!!

Hi @djscrat. What make and model of phone do you have? If you happen to have a Huawei device, I’d recommend checking out our thread regarding notifications with Huawei devices here. You can also find troubleshooting steps for notifications for Android devices here and for iOS devices here.

It’s really getting worse since a few day’s. 1 dat evertthing is working fine, thé next dat I even don’t get a notification when somebody rings thé Bell. Thé next dat no problem. Today again no notification on movement. 2 different phones, Samsung And Motorola. I’m getting crazy about this. Thé chime is working always and everytime video is ok in thé cloud. So problem are thé apps.

Hi @HermanF. If you’re not able to find a solution in the links I shared above, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team so they can take a closer look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I found this, it is Samsung putting apps to sleep. Samsung | Don’t kill my app!