Ring not recording

Hi there,

I’m having issues with my Ring HD video doorbell — it seems it stopped recording for over 7 days, and I just noticed as someone took a package off of my porch.

Also, when accessing support through the Ring mobile app it took me to a broken page, and when I tried getting in touch with support (versus community forums) it kept pushing me here and losing my messages…

Thanks in advance for your help,

James

Hey @JamesCosta. Is your Doorbell showing as online or offline in the app? If the Doorbell is online but not recording motions or going to the Live View, try removing the device from your account and setting it up again. In the event that the Doorbell is offline, please ensure it is fully charged and go into the Device Health section so that you can reconnect it wifi. From there, you should be all set!

In addition, I would like to point out that you were getting stuck in our chat bot from our Help Center, my apologizes for this! We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times and the restriction of no longer having a chat team.You can read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support in the future. :slight_smile: