Ring not functioning at all, it seems

I know a lot of people have said they have been having issues with their Ring working properly. At first, it was just the Rich Notifications not working. I thought it was just me, but when I read that it is across the board, it was somewhat of a relief. That’s not to say that it is not frustrating to pay for a service that is not providing what they say they are going to provide. My cameras are still recording, but I rarely ever get any notifications, rich or not.
Today, I notice that my door contact sensors are no longer working. I know they are operational because when I open the door, the Ring light on the device shines briefly on both sensors, but they do not chime when the doors are open. I do not even see them listed as devices on my Ring anywhere. What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing the same issues? Help! I’m frustrated with not having a fully functional security system!

iammai -

I have seen a situation where a door sensor suddenly disappeared from the list of device with no warning. This is obviously totally unacceptable from a security standpoint.

Sorry to hear about this experience, @iammai! Checking the Ring app settings for your devices is the best step to resolve notification and alert tone concerns. As for viewing your Alarm devices, please open the menu in the Ring app, tap devices, select Alarm Base Station, then select your Alarm device. Please also ensure you are viewing the desired location in the Ring app, if your Alarm is at another address. Feel free to let us know how this goes, and if you need any further assistance with this. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response. I found where the devices were listed, however I have tried everything to get the chimes to work on both my front door and back door contact sensors, and neither one are working. I have set it to where the keypads will chime, but it does not work. The only thing I noticed that was different was the option to turn on alerts for “open” and “close” sensor. The only thing that does is send a push notification to my phone that the door is either open or close.

Thanks for trying those steps, @iammai! Check out our Keypad help center article which describes different options and setup tips. An important step is also to choose the chime chirp tone. While a default tone should play, choosing a tone might help. Please also check the Keypad settings for volume. Chirps can play through the Keypad and the Base Station. Try adjusting chirps for both to see if either works as intended.

If you are not receiving any Alarm alerts at all, or if the chirps do not sound through your Keypad or Base Station, this may require a closure look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.