Ring Protect Plan

Browse posts, comment, and join the conversation about Ring Protect Basic, Plus, Pro, and more.
U

user80962

Accepted Solution
User Solution
Ring no longer offers international support!
negative-feedback
cs-support
ring-protect-plans

I am absolutely disgusted and disappointed in Ring.

I live in Barbados. 3 years ago, I spent thousands of dollars purchasing cameras and doorbells from Ring as my home security system. At the time it was easy to pay for your Ring Protect Plan through Amazon.

Suddenly last year, Ring stopped allowing you to pay through Amazon and is forcing you to pay via Ring.com. However, Ring.com does not accept international credit cards.

After wasting hours on the phone with useless customer support who kept telling me there must be a problem with my cards, I finally got through to someone who admitted that Ring Protect plans are no longer supported outside of the US.

So now my investment of thousands of dollars in equipment is wasted because I don’t have access to a US credit card to pay a measly $XXXX.

And the worst part is that Ring doesn’t seem to care that they’ve shafted thousands of people who are now stuck with products they can’t use for the purpose they were bought.

17-04-2024 03:20:02

Responses (4)

C
Accepted Solution
User Solution

@user80962 Thank you for your patience. I got clarification from my team that while the Ring Protect plan may be accessible outside of the US, not all features and functionalities are available outside of advertised regions. Ring does not require a US issued credit card as a payment method, however, payments outside of the US may require additional authorizations from your banking institution. As next steps, we recommend you work with your banking institution to authorize the charge.

08-05-2024 10:55:38

A

Really? We are in the UK and haven’t had any problems paying for our plan.

17-04-2024 05:42:12

U

Cancel it and try again you cant

20-07-2024 09:25:38

C

Hi @user80962. I’m getting clarification from my team regarding the scope of support we offer in Barbados. I’ll share an update in this thread once I have more information.

19-04-2024 11:58:24

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

07-06-2024 10:56:35

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User