Ring missing recording moments

Why is it my Ring doorbell (which is only approx 8-9 months old . Decides to record a certain motion which is usually not urgent - but decides to NOT RECORD important things which are straight in front of the camera lens ??:person_shrugging:t3: there are so many times this has happened ! The last time was today at 6.52 a.m it recorded two did walkers approx 15feet away & then at 6.58 didn’t record a car which was parked in my way since Friday evening and left without being recorded ?? I wanted to speak with the car owner but missed him because of Ring not recording : this has happened so many times but this was the last straw !! What is the point of me paying mo they fit a service when so many times it has let me down at a crucial moment !

I would like an answer as to why this happens plus I want to discuss :- either a replacement (as this one is clearly faulty ) plus I need to discuss compensation for the various times it’s not recorded an important moment ! After all, the reason I bought Ring Doorbell is to record moments which could / would be used for police if my business : van : tools in my van were stolen by a break in and could potentially be missed as usual by RING DOORBELL CAMERA !

Hi @user81218. First, what specific model Doorbell do you have? From what you are describing, it sounds like your Motion Frequency isn’t set to how you would most benefit. You can learn more about this feature and how to adjust it, here. Basically, this setting determines the dwell time between each recorded event. Try adjusting this settings and let me know how it works for you!