Ring mini camera red warning light and inoperative

My camera works ok but when I leave it on overnight, the red warning light comes on and the camera no longer records motion. We get power changeovers often in the early hours. Could this be the problem?

Hey @Nev55. Is this for the Indoor Cam that is plugged into a standard power outlet? If you are seeing power changeovers during this time, this could definitely be affecting the power supplied to this outlet to power the Indoor Cam.

Used battery pack overnight and upper right warning light was on in the morning and camera inoperative. Does the camera turn off after a certain time? I’m leaving it on using the battery pack to see if it occurs during the daytime.

@Nev55 Are you using an Indoor Cam or a Stick Up Cam? For the Stick Up Cam, this has the option battery, which is why I wanted to clarify as I assumed you were using the Indoor Cam. As long as there is constant power to the device, whether it’s from the battery pack for the Stick Up Cam or the Plug-In Adapter for the Stick Up Cam, it should not be falling offline. At this time, for a more in-depth look on why the device is falling offline, I recommend contacting our support team to see what the reason for this may be. They can take a look into this on your account and see when and why the device is falling offline, or when it’s not working for you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice. The mini camera on a battery pack failed again today after about 12 hours of operation. Strangely, the camera has now reset itself twice when I picked it up and turned it over after the red warning light came on.

After using the mini camera for a week or so, I was going to buy a two camera xt2 system but that is on hold at the moment.

I will phone your uk support line tomorrow.

1 Like