Ring keeps making noise

Hello, my ring is making a constant chime/humming noise. The signal was fine and apps were updated. This is the second time I had this issue with it. I had to go disconnect it because it kept making the noise really loudly

Hi @user732. Is the noise coming from the Ring Doorbell itself, or the chime kit inside your home? If it’s coming from the Doorbell, you can perform a full reset by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, you’ll set the Doorbell back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know how that works for you. :slight_smile:

My ring doorbell was making a very high pitched whining noise. The reset took care of it but not sure why I made the noise. It almost sounded like a smoke detector it was so loud and I’m sure my neighbors could all hear it. Any idea on the cause???

Hi @user20860_544. I’m glad resetting your Doorbell resolved this concern for you. I can’t really speculate on what a certain sound might have been. If this happens again, I’d recommend following up with our support team so they can investigate this more closely with you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.