Ring - Issues with Pan Tilt Zoom

Brand new PTZ add-on. Put on a Stick-Up Cam Plug-In 3rd Gen. Cannot Calibrate. That is, when I press a direction I do not see it move on the mobile app, I can see visually and also hear the motor. If I go live view, no movement while pressing the direction buttons, but once I exit life view and playback I can see the movement. So I know it works it just seems to be when in-app, it does not display real-time like have seen in so many videos.

Thoughts?

Just in case yes to-

• Removing camera from app and re-adding it from scratch
  • uninstall and reinstall app
  • Removing the camera from the app and re-adding it from scratch
2 Likes

Hi @JIANFOUR. What is the make and model of the smartphone you’re using, and what version of OS and Ring app are you currently using on that smartphone? Additionally, have you tried a different smartphone or tablet to see if the view works properly with the Pan-Tilt Mount? Thank you for sharing a list of what troubleshooting steps you have already tried as well.

1 Like

I’m having a similar problem.
my camera was working fine and now all of a sudden the pan and tilt wont work.
i unplugged it and plugged it back in it goes thru the self test and moves the camera in all directions, but when i try to move it in the app it no longer moves.
i tried it while at home where i can see the camera and it still doesn’t move.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issues currently

2 Likes

I am having the same issues and have tried many trouble shooting methods to include unplugging the device and plugging it back in, deleting the device from my app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Anyone find a way to fix it?

1 Like

I just bought the PTZ and having same issue. I am using a iphone pro 12 max with latest version of IOS and App. Tried on my ipad 4th gen Air and same issue. Calibration times out. I have tried resetting the Ring and relinking to account and it doesn’t work. When I first plug it in, the device goes thru its startup protocol but won’t calibrate. Really looking for an answer or I am going to have to return the device as defective.

1 Like

I having the same issues with both of my pan tilt cameras. Both stopped working at the same time, neither one will calibrate or move/rotate from the app on an iPhone 11.

3 Likes

Mine also stopped working last night

1 Like

Same here, Ring is sending me a new one.

1 Like

Any fixes yet?

Tried ring but don’t seem interested

1 Like

Well, Ring is sending a new one and i can keep the defective one.
Since i am a multinational’s technician/troubleshooter for 30+ years i intend to disassemble and diagnose the defective one at work.
If i find anything i’ll post it.

2 Likes

Seems coincidental that the first post was opened on the 4th April, no posts since that and now an influx of issues and reports.
I am setting up my PanTilt for the first time today and experiencing the same as everyone else. I would hazard a guess that it is something wrong either in their latest release of the app or something server side. I wouldn’t imagine all of our cameras have gone wrong on the same day due to local issues.

4 Likes

Yes seems a bit strange. Must be a software issue

2 Likes

Got the same problem here since a few hours. Stays stuck at calibirating now

1 Like

not working here as well

Same here out of the sudden not working any function from pan and tilt

My Rotation stopped working yesterday… and maybe the night before (Thursday 14th or Friday 15th). I called and asked if there might be some issue “systemwide” and the person that helped said that they’d check, came back on the line and said “YES” there is a systemwide issue and that they are working to resolve. I called just now for an update and the person answering the phone knew nothing of a rotation issue. Internal communications at RING must be poor. So I dunno if they still think it a system issue nor the status of getting the issue resolved.

I’m glad I’ve found this as I thought I was going mad. I’ve taken it down reinstalled and reset everything and nothing. I get stuck on the calibration. I have contacted Ring and they are sending a replacement.
Looks more like this is a software issue rather than hardware. Will see if the replacement works when it arrives.

1 Like

I have tried that, stuck on calibration page too

I am having the exact same issue - can no longer rotate the camera. It does it’s self test if you power cycle. Sounds to me like it’s an issue (again) with the app.

Android app version 3.52.0

1 Like