Ring is still sounding the alarm

hi,

i recently had activity in my home where motion was detected in a bedroom, ring sounded off the alarm and after 10 mins. the siren was silenced (by the system?). i then received further messages stating that “ring is still sounding the alarm” 5 mins after the siren was silenced.

What does “ring is still sounding the alarm” mean after the siren was silenced?

As I did not silence the siren, is this automatic after 10 mins?

Thank you for your attention,

Gsrodr

Hi @gsrodr. The siren will automatically silence itself after it’s been alarming for 10 minutes. However, you still need to disarm the system in the Ring App or from the Keypad as it will still be in an alarming status. There is no way to manually silence the alarm, or adjust the time frame at which it will become silent. I hope this helps answer your questions. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. However, the disarm feature is not available (it’s grayed out). And, I am out of town so I can’t reset it. Any advice on what to do?

Hi @Violette101. If you are not able to press the Disarm button in the Ring app and you are not home to use your Keypad, try the following steps:

• Verify that your Ring app is up-to-date

• Force close the Ring app on your phone and open the app again.

• Make sure you have a good connection on your phone with either mobile data or WiFi.

• Go to Ring.com and log in to your account. Try disarming your Alarm from there.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.