Ring is sometimes not recording

Hi there,

I’m having terrible issues with my doorbell sometimes not recording when motion is detected. There’s been times I come home past it and check it and it didn’t capture, noticed it a few times now, any suggestions?

Hi @dev. Your Ring Doorbell should record whenever it detects motion or when someone rings the Doorbell’s button. If you find that your Doorbell is not detecting motions, you may need to adjust some of the settings in order to fine-tune the Doorbell’s motion detection for your home environment. I’d recommend starting with this motion detection optimization guide to get familiar with the available settings.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your Doorbell will not detect or record motion if you have motion detection disabled under the Modes settings. So make sure to check your Modes settings and ensure motion detection is not disabled. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.