Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Ring Indoor Camera Sometimes Does Not Detect Movement or Record
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
motion-settings

Hi. A couple of nights ago I got in to my apartament to pick up a piece of luggage and left about 2-3 minutes thereafter. My ring camera which is placed facing the door did not record my entrance but recorded muy exit. I did not turn the lights on when I opened the door since I was in a hurry and only went it to retrieve the aforementioned piece of luggage. I would like to know why the camera did not record my entrance and only recorded when I left, as I feel unsafe if the camera is not working properly.

06-01-2024 04:51:02

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user73564. I can’t speculate as to why a specific event in your home wasn’t detected. We can assist with general troubleshooting, such as advising on how motion detection works and how you can edit your settings.

I’d recommend reviewing the information here regarding motion detection. Fine-tuning your Motion Zones and Motion Sensitivity are always good troubleshooting steps, as it can take some time to find the right combination of settings for your home. Placement is also important, as having your Indoor Cam placed too low or high will limit its ability to detect motion.

If you have any additional questions, or would like one-on-one support with the settings on your Indoor Cam, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring if you’d prefer that method of communication.

08-01-2024 06:43:49

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User