Ring indoor cam not capturing garage door

We mounted one of these cameras in our garage up high. it only seems to see humans and little dogs, doesn’t capture the garage door opening and cars pulling in. only when the person gets out of the car does it start to record. we even pulled in, drove back out then drove back into the garage, nothing. I adjusted the zone to cover the whole two car garage.

Hey @Richmed327! Try changing your Indoor Cam motion sensitivity options in the Ring app. If it is set to “people only” it might not capture larger objects such as cars or garage doors opening, where “all motion” should. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

well I did try that. might it have something to do with the wifi? the signal strength is rssi 31. could that be causing a delay?

Awesome job on that! It should definitely be detecting such an abrupt movement then. That RSSI is also very good for the area the Cam is mounted in. At this point, it sounds like more in-depth troubleshooting may be needed, which our support team will be more than happy to help with at 800-656-1918. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Team
What was the resolution to this issue?
I am having the same issue.