Ring Indoor Cam does not recognize movements

Hello folks,
I just bought a Ring Indoor Cam as a security cam for my home to see when someone is breaking into my house.

I have set up the camera and the app and tried every option I could find for the last hour.

Sadly the camera does not recognize any movements neither person except if I stand directly infront of it… At the moment its more than useless for my use case and I am extremly disappointed.

Am I doing something wrong or why do I get neither notifications or a movement alarm when there is clearly movement or even persons on camera?

I tried every sensivity, I changed the area which should be recognized, I tried it with smart alarms and without… I dont know what else to do…

What is strange: for the first 5 minutes when I installed the camera the movement recognition seemed to work fine but right now its a complete mess for me.

Am I doing something wrong or do you have any suggestions for me?

Hi @user27661. You can also try rebooting the Camera from the Ring app to see if that helps. Also, try changing the location of the Camera to see if it does the same thing with not detecting motion correctly. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.