Ring Indoor Cam, Compact Plug-In HD security camera went to night vision during day - what caused?

We have two Ring Indoor Cam, Compact Plug-In HD security cameras, upstairs and down stairs. Both went to night vision at 10:25am eastern time 3/31/21 in Medina, NY. Upstairs logged it as a motion with the color purple showing up in lower left before going to night vision. Downstairs went into night vision with no motion. After 5 minutes both were back to day color. We think maybe lightning struck near by but weren’t home to tell? While looking at both when they were in night vision could see daylight in windows so odd.

Hi @TomPhilbrick. It’s definitely possible that if it was storming that the Cameras could have gone to night vision during the day depending on the weather. I’d recommend just keeping an eye out on your Cameras to make sure everything appears to be operating properly. If you see anything out of the ordinary, or if the night vision doesn’t appear to be functioning whenever it is dark, our support team is available to help. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thank you, we haven’t gotten the odd flicks in quite a while. Sorry I missed your reply, must not have not gotten altered in my email.

2 Likes