Ring free day trial - not really free?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can explain this to me please.
I signed up to the 30 day free trial for my new doorbell. This trial ends on November 11th 2021. I have chosen to do the yearly plan thereafter, however, my next billing will be October 13th 2022 (different dates due to me not setting up the subscription straight away, Understand that bit).
BUT that’s actually only 11 months, not a yearly subscription - I’m suppose to be having a 30 day free trial so surely my next bill should arrive in November, (a year after my free trial ends and my yearly subscription begins) not October. Is it a clever trick to make you think you’re getting a 30 day free trial but in fact they take it off you at the end of the yearly subscription? Or am I totally wrong?
Thank you!

Hi @Hollieflo. You most certainly will retain your 30 day free trial. If you sign up for the Ring Protect Plan during the free-trial period, your plan will not start until the trial is over. You will then be charged a pro-rated amount for the remainder of the plan. This is why you’re seeing the 11 months in there. On your next billing cycle, you’ll have it for the full 12 month period at the full price. I hope this makes sense! You can read more about this here in the FAQ section.

1 Like

I had a similar issue, my free trial ends in 6 days so I signed up for the Basic annual subscription and I expected it to start when my free trial ended, however it says the next payment will go out on the 26th April, so I’m losing 6 days free trial

Hi @Tony01244. As mentioned in the marked solution, you will still retain your 30 day free trial. Any amount you’re charged prior to when your trial ends should be prorated based on how much of your free trial is left. If you see any discrepancies in this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can get your plan in order. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: