Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Ring Floodlight Wired Pro - how to make light ONLY turn on when motion is detected in camera motion zone?
hardwired-security-cameras
light-settings
troubleshooting

I have a security camera in the garden and I’ve had to turn the motion activated lights off as basically they just constantly keep coming on. I can see lots of bugs zipping past the camera but surely they are calibrated for that? It’s not setting the motion alerts off, just activating the lights. Any ideas? I have disabled the feature at the moment but then when we do go in the garden at night/if motion is detected we don’t get the security light!

09-09-2023 06:19:07

Responses (6)

T

Hi @user57798. This could be due to your Light Settings. You may need to adjust them. You can do this by selecting the Floodlight Cam then tapping the Device Settings tile and opening the Light Settings menu. I hope this helps.

11-09-2023 04:21:02

L

Mine are the same. Since installed a couple of days ago, the lights stay on almost constantly despite no motivations. And now the floodlight cam has lost connectivity to WiFi and I cant get it to go into set up mode or to hard reset it. Ane expensive waste of money.

11-09-2023 08:15:26

U

Trying to fine tune my Ring Floodlight Wired Pro cameras and am utterly confused by the relationship between motion and lighting. I’ve used spotlight cameras previously, and have not had this issue on those devices. I don’t really care about the “motion zones for lights” and the “light sensitivity” – I just want the light to turn on when motion is detected within my camera motion zone (i.e. the box that I drew to mark the bounds of my driveway, for example).

If I disable the 3 “motion zones for lights”, however, the lights will NEVER turn on, not even when motion is detected. From what I’ve read elsewhere, this is not how it’s supposed to work? For context, the “motion-activated lights” toggle is set to ON.

If I re-enable the 3 zones and bump up the light sensitivity, the lights do in fact respond when motion is detected. But I am having a heck of a time understanding why those values need to be something other than 0, if I just want lighting to turn on when motion is detected within the box I have drawn. Can someone at Ring demystify this relationship for me please? It is extremely confusing.

01-01-2024 06:56:41

M

I would love an answer to this question as this would solve our issue of the lights turning on every minute or so for no apparent reason. I have all of the light sensitivity settings as low as they can go and it is still happening. At this point I’ve had to shut them off completely so my neighbors don’t complain (and now it didn’t record motion in the dark that I know happened).

03-01-2024 02:19:47

M

I have this same issue and have the light sensitivity set to min and have deactivated 2 of the 3 motion zones for lights. Do I need to deactivate all of them?

03-01-2024 02:24:30

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User