Ring floodlight Wi-Fi problems

Our Ring floodlight camera is hardwired and out of the blue has started indicating that it is offline. We get messages that motion has been detected by it, but we get no video with it and cannot access live view. In the app it is showing no Wi-Fi. We have rebooted it with the app and it worked for a short time but is again offline. Our Wi-Fi is working fine, our other ring products are connected and we moved a Wi-Fi extension puck closer to the floodlight but still no luck. It’s important to note, that this camera has been working fine for over a year so it didn’t really need a Wi-Fi puck as we have changed nothing internally. This has been going on for about a week. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

Hi @user38114. Rebooting the Floodlight Cam and moving a wifi extender within range were some great troubleshooting steps to take. After a reboot, when the Floodlight Cam is online for a brief time, check the RSSI on the Device Health screen to see if it indicates a strong signal. You can learn more about wifi signal strength here.

If the signal strength looks good, try creating a guest network to connect only the Floodlight Cam to. Make sure it is 2.4GHz and not dual-band, if your router supports that. Should the Camera still fall offline after trying the guest network, I’d recommend following up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I recently started to have the same issues. No issues with my wifi connecting to my other ring devices or other devices. My wifi Is fast enough according to Ring’s requirements. My firmware on my wifi mesh system and the ring floodlight cam are up to date. No power outages. I have done all the suggested and still having issues. Are there issues with these cameras?

Hi @user50402. As mentioned in the solution, if you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.