Ring Floodlight Square Junction Box

Hey all. Need to install a floodlight cam. Bought a round junction box. Only issue is the existing floodlight I am taking down is in a square box. They had a square faceplate over it and then it looks like the base of the old floodlight was a circle. Think the new circular j box can go over this faceplate safely? I was going to silicone around it. Any advice would be great.

@VicFromKlamath wrote:
Hey all. Need to install a floodlight cam. Bought a round junction box. Only issue is the existing floodlight I am taking down is in a square box. They had a square faceplate over it and then it looks like the base of the old floodlight was a circle. Think the new circular j box can go over this faceplate safely? I was going to silicone around it. Any advice would be great.

Can’t you just remove the existing light. Pull the cable through the hole and mount the floodlight camera on the existing plate? Why do you need a new junction box?

I thought I needed it to keep everything waterproof? But…you make a lot of sense

Hi, did this work for you? I have a rectangular outlet box. Not a junction box. Want to come up with a solution that will be waterproof.

The outlet is a Legrand Pass & Seymour outlet: Dropbox - Legrand - Pass & Seymour outlet - Simplify your life

1 Like